BBXBRLN – Berliner Blend *BETA*
Availability: Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
Source: A unique blend of cultures designed to recreate traditionally made Berliners.
We’re big fans of traditionally-made, mixed culture Berliners. That’s why our Berliner Blend is designed to make tart, funky, and flavorful Berliners using traditional Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus Berliner cultures.
To make a tart beer use less than 10 IBUs, or skip the hops entirely.
Catalog: BBXBRLN – Berliner Blend *BETA*
- Type: Yeast & Lactic Acid Bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 96%-100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (if unhopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Funky, Sour; varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)
Product Category: Bootleg BETA
This culture is part of our Bootleg BETA program. We have done limited testing and are not ready to officially release this culture. So let us know what you think! If it’s awesome…or you hate it..leave a comment on the product page. If you like it, we might rerelease this Bootleg BETA culture officially.