BBXBEFARM – Belgian Farmhouse Blend *BETA*
Availability: Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
Source: A unique blend of Belgian ale yeast, Brett and Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB)
Available for the first time during our Winter 2021 Homebrew Presale!
It’s not farmhouse if it’s not funky!
This blend delivers a unique mix of funk, bright acidity and delightful ester and spice to recreate delicate styles of complex, evolving beer.
Our Belgian Farmhouse Blend is a general purpose mixed culture for saisons, grisettes and any Belgian farmhouse beers that require authentic mixed-culture fermentations that incorporate Brett and Lactic Acid Bacteria.
Hop with at least 10 IBUs to create beers that have a subtle acidity but are big on traditional Belgian yeast and Brett aromas and flavours.
Catalog: BBXBEFARM – Belgian Farmhouse Blend *BETA*
- Type: Yeast & Lactic Acid Bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 92%-98%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (unhopped), 3.8-4.0 (hopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Belgian Spice, Funky, Sour (unhopped); varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)