Source: A unique blend of Saccharomyces cultures created in collaboration with Brülosophy.
Bootleg Biology is proud to announce the first official Brülosophy Blend!
The Brülosophy Blend is the only all-purpose, clean yeast culture meant to make almost any beer style*! German Lager? Check! American IPA? Check! English Ale? Check!
Whether you like to make beers that are Short & Shoddy or old-world traditional, The Brü Blend will become your go-to house yeast culture.
Brülosophy’s expert team of Contributors tested this yeast blend in an English Brown Ale, American Porter, Hoppy Blonde, German Pilsner (cold AND warm fermented), and a New England IPA. All test beers were brewed and fermented according to style. Those who participated in the taste tests were only told the style and nothing about the yeast culture used. The results speak for themselves, so stay tuned for the release of the Brülosophy podcast and blog post next week.
The vast majority of tasters rated each beer highly in regards to style representation AND overall enjoyment!
The most common flavor descriptor used for beers made with this blend are clean, lager-like, cracker (malt) and fruity (hops).
* This yeast blend does not produce phenols, and so isn’t recommended for soley fermenting phenolic beers like Saisons, Wits, or Hefeweizens.
- Type: Blend of Saccharomyces cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort at Ale temps. Highly recommend using two packs or making a starter for Lager temps.
- Estimated Attenuation: 72-80%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.2-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Clean, Bready, Cracker, Emphasizes Hop Character
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 50F to 68F