BBUSA2 – Classic New England *BETA*
Availability: Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
Source: Vermont brewery famous for creating the New England IPA style.
Famously referred to as “Conan” by brewers, this yeast helped launch an entirely new type of IPA. Classic New England creates distinctive peach and tropical notes along with a touch of malt nuttiness. Good luck getting this haze bomb to drop clear!
- Type: Ale Yeast; Saccharomyces cerevisiae (non-STA1)
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 78-88%;
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Citrusy, Fruity, Nutty
- Flocculation: Low
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 64F-72F (XC-XC)
* Performance information subject to change due to ongoing testing.
Product Category: Bootleg BETA
This culture is part of our Bootleg BETA program. We have done limited testing and are not ready to officially release this culture. So let us know what you think! If it’s awesome…or you hate it..leave a comment on the product page. If you like it, we might rerelease this Bootleg BETA culture officially.