Gluten Free variation of Oslo from Bootleg
NEW! Gluten Free option available for OSLO. Perfect for brewers making gluten free beers, ciders, meads, wines or *gasp*…hard SELTZERS.
Source: Isolated yeast discovered in bottle dregs from our friends Eik & Tid (Oslo, Norway)
OSLO is a modern take on traditional Norwegian farmhouse brewing cultures.
OSLO can comfortably produce beautifully clean, lager-like beers at temperatures as high as 98F (37C) without noticeable off flavors. At the high end of fermentation temperature, beers can finish attenuating in as little as three days! This culture’s versatility and neutral flavor profile allows you to effortlessly produce most beer styles.
Bootleg is the first yeast lab to release this unique Kveik-family culture sourced from a raw beer made by our good friends at Eik & Tid in Oslo, Norway.
- Type: Bottom fermenter. Saccharomyces bayanus / pastorianus / uvarum monoculture
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 76-86%; attenuation will increase with higher fermentation temps or with successive repitches
- Estimated Final pH: 4.3-4.6
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Clean, lager-like flavor profile, with no expected off flavors or phenols at high temperatures
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 75F-98F (24C-37C); colder temperatures may result in higher final gravities