Source: A “living” culture blend propagated from bottled dregs sourced from the Milk The Funk bottle share held June 28, 2019 at Homebrew Con in Providence, Rhode Island.
Milk The Funk Mega Blend Year 4!
The yearly Homebrew Con Milk The Funk Meet Up & Bottle Share is THE place to try some of best-made sour and funky homebrews. A wide array of spontaneous and cultivated house mixed-culture beer dregs went into this blend, ensuring this year’s release will be completely unique but just as complex as Baltifunk (2016), Funkapolis (2017) & Funklandia (2018).
Read more about the Milk The Funk Mega Blend in the July/August 2018 issue of Zymurgy, “The Place of Brewing: Going Wild with the Great Brettanomyces Megablend”.
This blend likely contains a unique collection of Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, among other random microbes contributed by Milk the Funk members.
No further homebrew culture props will be produced after this one-time pre-sale. Warning: No results can be guaranteed. This blend has not been tested by Bootleg Biology.
- Type: Yeast & Lactic Acid Bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, and other wild variants.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 96%-100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Funky, Sour; varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature:
- For quick souring (less than 3 months): 70-80ºF
- For gradual souring: below 70ºF