BBXOLD – Old Ale Blend *BETA*
Availability: Limited, Bootleg BETA. This is potentially a one-time only release based on response.
Source: A blend of traditional English ale yeast and an expressive Brett strain
Available for the first time during our Winter 2021 Homebrew Presale!
There are few beer styles that show the perfect blending of time, malt and microbes like English Old Ale. Sometimes aged for years, this style is big, bold, malty, sweet and FUNKY.
This original blend of Ale and Brett cultures produces a mild leather and dried apricot funk that nicely compliments this malty and boozy rare English ale style
- Type: Yeast blend. Saccharomyces and Brettanomyces cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 78%-85%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.2-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: dried apricot and mild leather funk
- Flocculation: Low to medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)