One dose of Omega Yeast’s specially formulated Propper Seltzer™ nutrient powers your favorite beer yeast through a healthy sugar-based fermentation in as little as 7 days. Want even faster? Try 4 days with Propper Seltzer™ nutrient and Omega Yeast’s Lutra™ GF Kveik!
USE WITH THESE STRAINS (OR ANY TRADITIONAL STRAIN):
Lutra GF Kveik (OYL-071)
Hornindal Kveik (OYL-091)
Voss Kveik (OYL-061)
Espe Kveik (OYL-090)
One (1) pack provides yeast nutrient for (5) five gallons of sugar wort at 1.060 (15°P) or lower.
1. Add sugar to hot water and stir to dissolve. Boil for 10 min, measure gravity and adjust.
2. Once desired gravity is reached, turn off the heat source and add Propper Seltzer nutrient.
3. Transfer sugar base to the fermenter at desired ferm. temp. Aerate by shaking or oxygenating
4. Pitch your favorite Omega Yeast strain and let it roll.
Store at room temp. Best by 2 years from mfg. date.
4-Day Lutra™ Hard Seltzer Recipe
For 5 gallons (~19 liters)
OG 1.040 (10°P)
FG – 0.994 (-1.6°P)
ABV – 6.01%
Calories – 124
- 4.75 lbs Dextrose
- One (1) homebrew pack of Lutra (OYL-071 Lutra™ Kveik Yeast)
- Propper Seltzer™ nutrient homebrew pack (28 g)
- Bring 5 gal of water to ~180°F (82°C). Add dextrose, circulate, and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil for 10 minutes. Check gravity and adjust accordingly until you’ve reached 10°P (1.040 SG).
- Turn off heat, add Propper Seltzer nutrient to the kettle, and mix/whirlpool for 10 min.
- Chill sugar base to 85°F (29°C) and then transfer to the fermenter while aerating by shaking or oxygenating.
- Pitch Lutra Kveik at 85°F and ferment to completion by maintaining above ambient temperature.
- Cold Crash, flavor condition, and serve accordingly!
If you are adding other sugars (honey, turbinado, table sugar, agave), be sure to account for different PPGs. When flavouring with ingredients that include fermentables, add while yeast is finishing fermentation. Keep warm and allow for fermentation.