Magicol 250AS is a powdered isinglass that can be dissolved to make a ready-for-use isinglass solution for treatment of brewery conditioned beers.
· It is a traditional and natural product
· It is the most concentrated form of isinglass
· It has a very long shelf life in comparison to other forms of isinglass
· Please be aware that dissolved product contains sulphur dioxide as a preservative
Using the Product
How to dilute and mix the product
· Before it can be used, the product must be dissolved in water.
· Mix at a rate of 3g per 500ml of water.
· Use a “stick” type blender or similar
· Mix until the contents appear to be homogeneous, this can take a while
· If the product is only partially dissolved it can still be used but with reduced effect.
· Leave to rest then mix again, at this stage you have ready to use isinglass finings
How much isinglass to add
Most beers will require an addition of ready-for-use isinglass at rates between 0.15% and 0.35% v/v.
The exact rate will depend amongst other things upon;
· Whether or not kettle finings have been used in the brew.
· The degree of yeast flocculation.
· The residence time on chill at the end of fermentation.
· The strength of the beer.
An addition of 0.3% v/v is a good starting point for optimisation of the rate.
This equates to 70ml in a 25L batch.
Add to the F.V. just before transfer to secondary or conditioning vessel once the beer is transferred very gently stir.
The mixed finings have a shelf life of up to 8 weeks if stored in an airtight container. It is however recommended to mix batches as and when needed rather than store.
Do not breathe in the dust.
Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Wash spillages away with water.
Use food grade plastics for all equipment in contact with this finings.
Keep out of the reach of children.