Vyair RO-100MP pumped 4-stage RO system is a new type of water filter. Water after it has been passed through an RO system has a reduced pH*. It is an excellent source to prepare appropriate conditions for aquatic organisms.
This system is equipped with four filtration stages, which are explained below.
The filter is factory tested and ready to use with connection hardware, tubing and instruction manual, all of which is designed to make installation and maintenance quick and easy without the need for a plumber.
It is offered as a complete set with filter cartridges, RO membrane, DI resin, additional accessories and valves to prevent the membrane from becoming dried out.
*pH of water after RO system depends on source water.
- System dimensions (H x W x D): 160 x 155 x 345 (mm)
- Working Temp.: 5°C – 40°C (41ºF – 104ºF)
- Operating Pressure: 2.8 bar (40 psi) – 6.0 bar (90 psi) If your incoming water pressure is above 4 bar a pressure regulator should be installed.
- Inlet feed water connector: 1/4”
- Flow rate: 100 gallons-per-day
- Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
- pH Parameters: 2 – 11
- Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
- Turbidity < 5 NTU
- Flow: 0.75 l/min
- Model: TYP-2600
- Max. inlet pressure: 25 psi
- Max. outlet pressure: 80.0 psi
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 25cm x 7cm x 7cm
- Working Current: 0.85A
- Power: 24V/DC
- Transformer Ampage: 2A
Complete Package Contains:
- The RO-100MP is supplied with the following cartridges: PP, CTO
- TYP-2600 100GPD Pump
- FDA approved water filter housings (including o’rings)
- Feed water connector (can be fitted to copper mains water pipe)
- RO membrane element type: RO-1812-100 thin film composite
- Drain saddle valve, spanners for filter and RO housings
- 10″ transparent housing for DI resin chamber
- 630ML MB-115 mixed-bed colour-change DI resin
- 1/4″ tubing for system connection (5 metres)
- 400cc flow restrictor, automatic and manual flush switch
- Automatic shut-off valve
- Instructions manual
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
- PP – 10″ sediment cartridge (pre-filter) melt-blown polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
- CTO – 10″ coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon block filter is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour and other organic impurities.
- 100GPD Membrane – Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (100 GPD – US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane removes salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more. Due to the time needed to remove all these ingredients we strongly recommend purchasing a water storage tank with your RO system.
- MB-115 Colour Change Resin – Mixture of cation and anion de-ionisation resin combined in a 40/60 blend. Mixed-bed demineralizer is used for final water polishing to clean the last few ions within water prior to use. A single pass through a mixed-bed ion-exchange column results in the purest water that can possibly be made.
Important: Do not use with water that is micro-biologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of contaminants. In addition, some water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of micro-organisms or other contaminants that pose potential health risks.
As with all RO diaphragm pumps they are not designed for 24/7 operation and you need to rest the pump for 30 minutes every 4 hours. This can be achieved using a low cost plug-in timer.
What should my water pressure be?
Between 1-3 bar. If between 3-4 bar, consider an un-pumped system.
What Gallon-Per-Day (GPD) is this system?
This is a 100GPD system.
How often should I replace the filters?
Change the pre-filters every 6 months or their recommended lifespans (whichever comes first).
• Average lifespan of particle/sediment filter is 12,000L
• Average lifespan of carbon block filter is 15,913L
The membrane should be replaced every 12 months (as long as regular maintenance of the pre-filters and flushing is completed, see above for average life-span).
This system produces water at a rate of 15.75 litres per hour (LPH). This is providing that you are running the unit in optimum conditions with the correct water pressure and water temperature.
What is the waste water to pure water ratio of this unit?
This unit has a waste to pure ratio of 3:1, meaning 3 litres of waste water to every 1 litre of pure water (running at optimum conditions)