This Vyair 4-stage RO reverse osmosis system is a new type of RO filter designed for those who don’t have the space for a bigger unit.
This system is equipped with two pre-filtration stages. The first is a sediment cartridge made from spun polyester. It effectively reduces and removes sediments including sand, silt, dirt, rust, etc. The second is an in-line cartridge containing granular activated coconut carbon which is designed to reduce and remove chlorine and dissolved organic substances.
The main filtration takes place on RO membrane, which reduces and removes 96-99% of all impurities from water. Waste water is poured into the drain.
The final ‘polishing’ stage is provided via mixed-bed ion-exchange resin. It consists of a carefully blended mixture of virgin raw materials, strong acid cation and strong base anion resins.
This reverse osmosis water filter does rely on you having a strong mains water pressure. Please do not buy this item if you do not have a good water pressure. This unit operates best at input water pressures of between 40psi (3 Bar) and 60psi (4 Bar). We would suggest that this is not suitable for use with gravity-fed cold water systems (where the water is stored in the loft). Normal UK water pressure should start from around 3 bar or above.
This system is easy to set up utilising the supplied 1/2″ BSP ( outside tap ) adapter that is push fit for the supplied 1/4″ tubing. The unit can be wall mounted.
• System dimensions (H x W x D): 370 x 80 x 210 (mm)
• Working Temp.: 5°C – 40°C (41ºF – 104ºF)
• Operating Pressure: 3 bar (43.5 psi) – 6 bar (87 psi)
• Inlet feed water connector: 1/4”
• Flow rate: 50 gallons-per-day
• Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
• TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
• pH Parameters: 2 – 11
• Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
• Turbidity < 5 NTU
Complete Package Contains:
• The 4-Stage Compact is supplied with the following cartridges: PP, T33
• 330ML MB-115 mixed-bed colour-change DI resin (provides approximately 1 fill of the resin chamber)
• RO membrane element type: RO-1812-50 thin film composite
• Outside tap connector and spanner for RO housing
• 10″ transparent housing for DI resin chamber
• 1/4″ tubing for system connection (5 metres)
• 300cc flow restrictor and manual flush switch
• Instructions manual
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
• Inline PP – 10″ in-line sediment cartridge (pre-filter) spun polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
• T33 Inline Carbon – 10″ in-line coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon filter is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour and other organic impurities.
• 50GPD Membrane – Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (50 GPD – US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane reduces salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more. Due to the time needed to reduce all these ingredients we strongly recommend purchasing a water storage tank with your RO system.
• MB-115 Resin – Mixture of cation and anion de-ionisation resin combined in a 40/60 blend. Mixed-bed demineralizer is used for final water polishing to clean the last few ions within water prior to use. A single pass through a mixed-bed ion-exchange column results in the purest water that can possibly be made.
What should my water pressure be?
Between 3-4 bar. If between 1-3 bar, consider a pumped system.
What Gallon-Per-Day (GPD) is this system?
This is a 50GPD system.
How often should I replace the filters?
Change the pre-filters every 6 months or their recommended lifespans (whichever comes first).
• Average lifespan of inline particle/sediment filter is 8,000L
• Average lifespan of a inline carbon filter is 9,500L
The membrane should be replaced every 12 months (as long as regular maintenance of the pre-filters and flushing is completed, see above for average life-span).How quickly does this system make water?
This system produces water at a rate of 7.88 litres per hour (LPH). This is providing that you are running the unit in optimum conditions with the correct water pressure and water temperature.