BBXETF – FerMENTORS Embrace The Funk Culture
Availability: Core culture. Available with every homebrew culture presale release (3 times per year)
Source: A unique blend of ale yeast, Brett and restrained LAB curated by Embrace The Funk – Yazoo Brewing in Nashville, TN, USA
Available for the first time during our Spring 2022 Homebrew Presale!
Embrace The Funk is the creator of world-class beers Saison de Bois, Brett Saison (100 points in Craft Beer & Brewing) and Deux Rouges (GABF award winner).
This is a specially curated blend of house saison yeast and multiple Brettanomyces strains that creates a floral bouquet of tropical fruit and black pepper.
The Embrace The Funk Culture is ideal for a wide range of Belgian and farmhouse ale styles like grisettes, saisons and American wild ales. Visit the official recipe page for inspiration when using this culture.
Catalog: BBXETF – FerMENTORS Embrace The Funk Culture
- Type: Yeast and bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces and LAB cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into five gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 92%-98%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (unhopped), 3.8-4.0 (hopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Belgian spice, funky, sour (unhopped); varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)
Product Category: Bootleg FerMENTORS Series
Bootleg Biology is the exclusive producer & distributor of the Embrace The Funk Culture.
The FerMENTORS Series features house yeast and bacteria cultures from our favorite mixed-fermentation breweries. From spontaneous, local terroir to artfully inoculated fermentations, these cultures were carefully curated by the best of the best in wild and sour brewing. Never commercially released before, these unique cultures are the building blocks of world-class beers that you can now recreate in your brewery.