Availability: Core culture. Available with every homebrew culture presale release (3 times per year)
Source: A unique blend of ale yeast, Brett and lactic acid bacteria (LAB) curated by Jester King Brewery in Austin, TX, USA
Available for the first time during our Spring 2022 Homebrew Presale!
Jester King is the creator of world-class beers like Le Petit Prince, Spon, Black Metal Farmhouse Imperial Stout, Noble King and Atrial Rubicite.
This is a mixed culture of wild yeast and bacteria, primarily captured from Jester King’s land in Austin set in beautiful Texas Hill Country. Expect a delicate blend of fruit, pepper, spice and funk.
The Jester King Brewery Culture is ideal for a wide range of Belgian and farmhouse ale styles like grisettes, saisons and American wild ales. Visit the official recipe page for inspiration when using this culture.
Catalog: BBXJKG – FerMENTORS Jester King Brewery Culture
- Type: Yeast & lactic acid bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, and Lactobacillus cultures.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into five gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 92%-98%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2-3.5 (unhopped), 3.8-4.0 (hopped)
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Belgian spice, funky, sour (unhopped); varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 65F-75F (18C-24C)
Product Category: Bootleg FerMENTORS Series
Bootleg Biology is the exclusive producer & distributor of the Jester King Brewery Culture.
The FerMENTORS Series features house yeast and bacteria cultures from our favorite mixed-fermentation breweries. From spontaneous, local terroir to artfully inoculated fermentations, these cultures were carefully curated by the best of the best in wild and sour brewing. Never commercially released before, these unique cultures are the building blocks of world-class beers that you can now recreate in your brewery.