Source: Family-owned brewery producing Gueuze in West Flanders, Belgium.
This rare, and commercially unavailable yeast isolate is perfect for 100% Brettanomyces fermentations, especially Brett IPAs. Amplifies citrus and tropical fruit-forward hop flavors and aromas into a punchy ripeness. With extended time under CO2 pressure, pineapple and tropical fruit aromas will be more pronounced. Great for maintaining the nuance of hops in beer with better keeping qualities than a Brewer’s Yeast fermentation.
[You can’t make every style of beer with one or two strains of brewer’s yeast, so why would you only use only one or two strains for your funky beers? This is the second release in the Dusty Bottoms Collection’s ongoing Funk Weapon Seriesof unique, rare Brettanomyces and Brett-like wild yeast cultures.]
- Type: Yeast. Brettanomyces bruxellensis variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 80%-95%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.9-4.4
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Strong Ripe Fruit, Tropical
- Flocculation: Low to Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal Ale Temperatures