Source: Dry-hopped, Unblended Lambic Produced by a Traditional Lambic Brewery in Brussels, Belgium.
Funk Weapon #3 is a versatile culture that creates wildly different flavor and aroma profiles depending on the age of fermentation. Young fermentations produce mild musty funk and ripe tropical fruit, while older and bottle conditioned ferments show off unique flavors and aromas of strawberry, cherry and tropical candy.
This commercially unavailable yeast isolate is ideal for 100% Brettanomyces fermentations or as a secondary strain along with a phenolic Brewer’s Yeast culture.
This culture has been in high demand and short supply since it was unofficially made available over the internet to homebrewers and craft brewers a few years ago.
[You can’t make every style of beer with one or two strains of brewer’s yeast, so why would you only use only one or two strains for your funky beers? This is the third release in the Dusty Bottoms Collection’s ongoing Funk Weapon™ Seriesof unique, rare Brettanomyces and Brett-like wild yeast cultures.]
- Type: Yeast. Brettanomyces bruxellensis
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 80%-95% (lower attenuation when used as primary culture)
- Estimated Final pH: 3.9-4.3
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: mild funk, ripe tropical fruit, strawberry, cherry
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal Ale Temperatures